I finally took a trip to Trader Joe’s Monday after work. I have not food shopped there in months mainly because I get lazy and Shop Rite has been doing the trick. I can’t seem to find everything I need at Trader Joe’s and always end up making another trip to a bigger chain grocery store.
Anywho. I was feeling adventurous I guess you could say, and I stopped there on my way home from work. I mainly stopped to pick up salad and chicken so I could make that for dinner for Nick and I, but ended up throwing in a few other items… I couldn’t resist! Below is everything I bought:
– Salad blend in one bag
– Arugula in another (I cannot eat a salad without this!)
– Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette (mainly for Nick)
– Unsalted Crunchy unsalted Peanut Butter (TJ’s does make my fav)
– Fresh basil (Adds such a great flavor to salads)
– A veggie tray that included carrots, tomato’s, jicama, and sugar snap peas.. mainly because I didn’t feel like chopping veggies
– Cucumber (not pictured, but I chopped most of i and ate it while I was preparing dinner)
– Dr. Praeger’s California Burgers
– Trader Joe’s already cooked Balsamic & Rosemary grilled chicken.. YUMMMMMMMMMMM, seriously, this was so good & worth the $5.29
– OAT BRAN!!! I forgot how much I love Trader Joe’s brand oat bran!
Happy girl right here! Best part? This all cost $29.99. I never spend that little in a grocery store..EVER.
I made salads with the chicken for Nick and myself for dinner. I added regular plain balsamic vinegar to mine with nutritional yeast and a lot of red pepper….spicier the better! Pic below is pre-chicken. We both devoured these. I will definitely be buying the Balsamic Rosemary Chicken plentyyyy more times 🙂 It is just too easy to heat and serve and it tastes bangin’. I get home fairly late sometimes from work and the last thing I want to do is cook on the stove or bake a pound of chicken…. especially since I’m hungry and just WANT TO EAT! Anyone else feel this way?
I need to remember to go to TJ’s more often. I was in a rush to get in and out of the store, but there are so many other delicious items I want to buy again that I used to on a regular basis. I also did notice the beloved COOKIE BUTTER I see so many bloggers talking about. I may have to try this, but I am afraid I will eat the jar in one sitting 😉 I also love their meat & fish selection – the chicken looks so fresh, they have 96% lean ground beef, and already seasoned salmon fillets. Eva Friendly fo’ sho’.
Who else has TJ’s and is in love with the store?? Only downside… they do not sell wine in CT 😦 I miss living in Boston and going to the Cambridge TJ’s where you could buy plentiful and endless amounts of wine.. you can’t beat their prices!
NOW IT IS DOUBLE ZUMBA TUESDAY!! HOLLER 🙂