How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was jam packed with friends and BBQ’s, but was a great one at that. Today has also been an exceptionally good Monday, so my week is already off to a fantastic start. I have a lot of Zumba this week and my Master Class on Friday! So excited, I can hardly stand it 🙂
First things first, I had to share the awesome Iced Coffee I got at Dunkin Donuts yesterday. I am definitely a Starbucks girl, but their Toasted Almond Iced Coffee with Whole Milk (and I added 2 packets of Truvia for extra sweet-ness) was so delicious and totally hit the spot! This may be my new iced coffee go-to. Yeah right, who am I kidding, I’ll be back at Starbucks tonight with my nutrition client 🙂
I always have a Marvelous Monday and kick off my week with a great start when I have a productive and well-fed Sunday. Anyone else? Sundays sometimes in the past have been rough for me – bored, lazy, over-eat, unmotivated, and just all-around-bad-days. Because I know this about myself, I have worked pretty hard to make sure those situations don’t happen. I am also in a very, very good place in life so that for sure makes all the difference in the world, too. I think those unmotivating Sundays were just reflective of where I was in my life – not happy with myself, over-thinking things, creating too many “what-if” scenario’s, and now times are marvelous, so hopefully bad Sunday’s are just a thing of the past. Myself, and all of you, just have to take it one day at a time, and focus on today. What comes tomorrow, comes, and you just gotta roll with the punches. This is really how I try to live my life right now. I can only focus on what I can control. Whatever curve balls come my way, are going to come. I can only control how I respond to them, deal with them, learn from them, and move on from them. Today truly is a gift so enjoy each day as best as you can. So yesterday’s productive day always starts my week off just dandy (marvelous), thankyouverymuch.
Last night I made the dinner I am probably best at making: Grilled Salmon with Mustard & Balsamic marinade. I got this idea to make it this way because I ate at a restaurant once in Fairfield, CT and they had a balsamic & mustard salmon, and I thought, OK, I can definitely make this myself! I have to say it comes out really good! (Even Nick approves… he is the pickest person ever)
- About 3/4 (.75) of a lb of Salmon
- I find this amount works for Nick and I.. he definitely gets a larger portion 😉
- Olive Oil cooking spray
- Horseradish Mustard (remember I like things really spicy)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Black Better
- Place the salmon on a plate, and spray with cooking spray
- Squeeze several dollops of the mustard on the salmon. Spread with a fork or knife to cover the whole piece
- Next, poor balsamic vinegar over the whole thing
- Sprinkle on black pepper and garlic
- Cook on the grill until desired level of cookness/rareness (Are these even words?). We like it pretty well done, so it stayed on for probably a good 15 minutes.
- I made Nick grill it, FYI. I am not too good at the grilling thing
While the salmon was grilling, I was so hungry, so I cut up some cucumbers and snacked on them. Just a little hold-me-over ya know.
We served it with veggies, and lots of them, and I put more horseradish mustard on my veggies 🙂
TIME TO DIG IN!
Full, happy, ate well, and watched the Bachelorette on what a nice Sunday to start a marvelous Monday. The night might or might have not ended with chocolate ice cream and chocolate almonds (not pictured) 🙂
Happy things that all happened today:
2. Zesty Blog Consulting is starting the re-design of this blog. I got an email today saying, “We are just about finished the technical installation and will be starting the design portion shortly”. I also cannot wait for this!
3. I am seeing my college roommates Saturday for my roomie’s birthday. Love it when we are all in one place!
4. Repeat of something marvelous, I just can’t help it, ZUMBA MASTER CLASS FRIDAY! My good friend Stacey who also just get licensed to teach Zumba will also be there. She now lives in North Carolina and I don’t get to see her often. I am so happy to have her attend and share this experience with me!
That pretty much wraps up my Marvelous Monday. I can’t wait for tomorrow as it is the typical Double Zumba Tuesday and Shaira (the instructor running Friday’s Master Class) is going to be attending my class tomorrow night. Energy will be pumpin’, that’s for sure 🙂
Question of the day:
– Does anyone have a day in the week that is particularly harder for them over the other days? If so, how do you cope? What has been successful and not-so-successful?